Xenical For Weight Loss ?
Xenical, aka Orlistat is a weight loss drug that is perhaps one of the most popular drugs taken for obesity. It is recieved a lot of media attention lately because they are actually talking about making it an OTC (over the counter) drug.
This would be huge as there are currently no OTC weight loss drugs out there (You need a prescription to get it). If the FDA approves it, you or anyone else can get Xenical over the counter.. this would save a lot of time and hassle.
What do I think of Xenical?
How does Xenical work?Xenical is not a true appetite suppressor, unlike other weight loss drugs out there. It helps obesity by simply stopping fat from being absorbed by your system. Therefore if you consume a lot of fat, it will just be eliminated through your rectum/colon. But if you consume way too much, it will put a lot of burden on your colon, so you still shouldn't be eating a lot of fat. It can also be embarassing, as many people have found it, as the fat actually causes oil to be eliminated, causing stains in your underwear. Sounds silly, right? But that's the science of it.
Xenical is also used by people for purpoess
What are the important facts about Xenical?
1. Xenical prevents the absorption of certain, specific fat-soluble substances such as vitamins. Therefore you may not be getting the proper nutrition you normally would get. If you are taking Xenical, make sure you are supplementing with a good multi-vitamin such as Centrum's.
2. Don't overdose on Xenical, as it can cause serious side effects. Taking more does not equal more weight loss.
Does Xenical work?
Even though Xenical is one of the safest weight loss drugs in the market (as marked by how close it is to being OTC), Xenical is not very strong, and effective. The best weight loss drugs work because they help suppress your appetite, whereas Xenical works by preventing certain fatty-substances from being absorbed. This prevents fat from accumulating in your body. But not only does it block out fat, but it prevents vital nutrients/vitamins from being absorbed too. Not enough vitamins means your cells isn't getting all the nutrients it needs to thrive.
In fact, that's why I simply cannot recommend Xenical to anyone at all. One of my friends who took Xenical for her obesity experienced dry skin, dry nails, and unhealthy hair simply because of this. Her cells/organs were not getting their nutrients, and it showed in her appearance. She did manage to lose some weight (thought not as much as she wished), but in the end, her physical appearance suffered. But inside her body, she was unhealthy as well, as every organ couldn't function efficiently as they could have.
If you want to lose weight, avoid Xenical, and find a solution that keeps your body healthy and helps you lose weight. Although this may seem impossible, there are a few solutions, such as herbal phentermine. Unlike normal phentermine, herbal phentermine has no side effects associated with it, and really does the same thing normal phentermine does.
What are some things to keep in mind when taking Xenical?
- If you have problems with your digestive system, particularly absording nutrients, you probably shouldn't be taking Xenical at all. Xenical, as mentioned before really does prevent the absorption of certain important vitamins. If you are having trouble as it is getting all your nutrients, Xenical will just make the matter worse.
- If you have the following conditions, talk to your doctor about it. They make prevent you from taking Xenical (or Orlistat). These conditions include: kidney stones, any form of diabetes, anorexia/bulimia, or digestive disorders.
- If you are currently pregnant, you should certainly tell your doctor this. This also goes for those women who have a baby and are currently breastfeeding. You don't want to take any chances with your baby.. weight loss comes second.
Although Xenical may be close to becoming over the counter, you need to be aware of the possible side effects. They include:
- Oily Bowels (mentioned before)
- Frequent urge to go to the bathroom
- Need to go to the bathroom often
- Unhealthy bowel movements.
All in all, if you have a very healthy digestive system, and think you can tolerate all the possible bowel side effects, you may want to get Xenical a try. I just wanted to inform you that you may not be getting all the vital nutrients, as Xenical will block the absorption of them.