Absolutely. Here it isEnjoy!!!.
For this recipe, I used:.
Peeled, sliced eggplant.
Walden Farms Marinara (1/3 cup).
Soya KAASMozzarella cheese, 3/4 oz., shredded.
1 egg white + 1tsp water (well mixed).
1pack garden vegetable medifast crackers, processed to dust!.
1. Assemble ingredients, lightly spray non-stick skillet and heat skillet (medium heat). Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Dip the eggplant slices in the egg white/water mixture then in the cracker dust. Place dipped eggplant slices in the pan..
3. Cook eggplant slices until golden brown..
4. Dip cooked eggplant slices in Walden Farms Marina sauce, coating well. Place coated slices in small casserole dish. Put any remaining Marina (if any) on top of slices..
5. Top eggplant slices with shredded cheese. Tent casserole dish with foil (don't want all the cheese sticking to the foil!).
6. Bake, foil covered, at 350 degrees until eggplant is tender throughout (20 mins in my oven in Virginia)..
This counts as your "Green" and 1/4 of your "Lean" and 1 snack. Enjoy!..
Hey, this was not OrangeBlood, it was MEEEEEE!.
Here is a link to my blog with the recipe and photos:.
Oh My Goodness, please forgive me. I get lost sometimes in the threads. I'm Bad!!!.
Well, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! It was awesome..
Will have again soon!!!!..
Thanks a bunch ! I will give it a try tonight...
JudyO, I get an error message every time I try to use that link to your blog for the recipe. Is it the same as the one samcole used or is that one modified from your original?.
I searched the threads and still couldn't find it...
I just got an error message too. Hopefully it will get fixed Monday. That recipe sound DELISH!!! Can't wait to see what other goodies you have!..
I tried the recipe tonight for dinner. It was yummy in my tummy bummy.I did make a few adjustments to it though for lower carbs & cals. Instead of marinera I used the Medifast creamy tomato soup. I added Italian spices & let it sit in frig about 1 hr. I did not use the Medifast Garden Veg crackers or the egg whites. I sprayed the skillet ,added fresh garlic & a lil light salt & pepper & cooked until eggplant was browned.
It was delightful. Thanks for the recipe idea...
Previously I only like Eggplant when it was battered and deep fried..
This thread inspired me to try apple flavored baked eggplant chips with chicken last night..
1/2 of a medium size eggplant..
1 packet Medifast apple oatmeal.
1/4 cup egg beaters.
5 oz chicken.
Spices to taste, such as pepper, and hot pepper.
Slice eggplant very thin and pour 1/8 cup of egg beaters over the slices and push around to coat. Grind up oatmeal in a coffee grinder and put 1/2 of the oatmeal in a bowl. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Coat each eggplant slice with the oatmeal mixture (easiest to spoon on and shake excess off) and place on pan. Bake at 400 degrees until brown and then flip to get both sides crisp..
Do same with other half of egg, oatmeal, and the chicken. Bake until done.
Top chips and chicken with a few Tbsps of Hunts tomato sauce or any type with low sugar..
For me this made, 1 Medifast meal, my lean (eggs and chicken) and 2/3's of my green...
I can't wait to try this. Eggplant Parm is one of my favorite dishes. Thank you so much...
I used to make an eggplant parm from george stella.
I dipped the eggplant into eggs then into parm cheese with spices. And bake. It was wonderful!!!!!!!!!..