Yummm! That sounds delicious. I may have to run out tomorrow and get more shiritaki noodles, mushrooms and london broil and try this. What a great idea...
I bought mushrooms yesterday and sauteed them as my green. As they were cooking I thought about adding the Laughing Cow cheese on top for more flavor. I served it up with my pork tenderloin but then I tasted it and realized it was STROGANOFF!!! Out came the ground beef instead of the pork and I had a wonderful L&G. I came online to post the recipe and here it was already!! Hey, great minds think alike!! In a non stick pan I added:.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
1 Tablespoon of minced garlic..
1.5 cups fresh whole Crimini Mushrooms (also called Italian Brown Mushrooms).
3 Spritz of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
Sauted for about 4 minutes with the lid on. The mushrooms 'sweat' and add juice to the bottom of the pan. Added 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Lite French Onion cheese, covered the pan and let cook for several more minutes. I wanted to lick the pan the juice was so good!! When I decided to add the beef, I just used the same pan to brown the extra lean ground beef. I added the mushrooms back in and stirred to blend everything together. I sprinkled on some salt and a few grinds of pepper..
This tasted SOOO good! Diet? What diet??.
(I can't wait to try this over shiritake noodles... I ordered some several days ago and they aren't here yet.)..
Where can you purchase shiritaki noodles and what are they exacty? how do they fit int the lean?..
Yum! I LOVE stroganoff - thank you for the inspirational recipes!..
Mimijo, I found out about them reading these boards and ordered some from www.konjacfoods.com. This was copied and pasted from their site:.
Konjac foods - Shirataki noodles .....
* are naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, starch, or protein..
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories..
* are wheat and gluten free..
* pure Vegetable.
* can be stored in the room temperature for about one year. Don't need refrigeration.
* JAS (Japan Agricultural Standard) Cetified Organic.
* are translucent and gelatinous, with no flavor of their own - they easily absorb the dominant flavors of any soup or dish..
* are instant and come in a variety of styles and shapes - you can simply toss salsa with Konjac instant pasta for a quick meal..
Others here have tried them and seem to really like them. I'm going to be eating pasta this weekend!!..